Hugh Laurie (via silkandmarble)
- Q: where do you live?
- A: is it living based on my work place? Serpong, then.
- Q: where is your home?
- A: Bandung
- Q: why? Because you left your heart in Bandung? Because your heart is in Bandung? Because your parent are in Bandung?
- A: Not really. It's all because my things, most of it, are in Bandung. And I have my own room there. My parent live in Banjarmasin now.
- Q: where is your hometown?
- A: I was born in Bandung, and I grew up in Payahkumbuh, well from 1 to 4 years old. Then Bandung again till grade 5. Then Banjarmasin for my junior high school. So I don't know. Bandung?
- Q: what are you? Javanese? Sundanese? Minang? Batak? Banjar?
- A: my mother is Minang-Batak, so I guess I got Minang blood from the matrilineal thing from my Oma. My father is Javanese, but he lived a while in Tebing, so he's not really Javanese when he's with us, he goes Batak like my mother. I was born and raised (afaik) in Bandung, that's not making me a Sundanese, but some cultures developed in me, yes. I understand a bit in every traditional language (jawa, sunda, banjar, minang) and its culture. Sooo I don't know. If the asker is javanese, then I'll answer him/her I'm javanese. If he/she is minang/Sumatera treats, I'll answer him/her minang. It depends.
- These kind of question often asked in the first time I met with anyone. Yeah it's disturbing because I don't understand it myself haha. It's a common thing in Indonesia, to know what tribes we are. It's not something racist. It's for how to act with several tribes well, so we're living in peace.
James Arthur Ray
- Dion: Eh, Mir. Bokap lo dokter?
- Me: Iya.
- Dion: Nyokap lo dokter?
- Me: Iya. Terus?
- Dion: Kok lo bukan dokter?
- Me: Apaan siih
- Rama: Salah jawaban lo. Harusnya jawab: kalo gw dokter kota.
- Dokter kota? Keren sih. Dan beberapa bulan lalu bisa aja kan gw bilang gw dokter kota spesialisasi sysdyn tingkat awal? Hahaha. Sekarang mah apaan ga ada curingnya kecuali mungkin dari segi ekonomi. Eh gatau deng 😑